Four days. Four countries. Welcome to the ultimate cycling challenge: London to Amsterdam.
Take on 335 miles as you conquer European countryside – from Kent to France, an overnight stay in Bruges, and sleepy coastal Dutch lanes.
There will be hills, smiles, windmills, and memories that will last a lifetime. We’ll even celebrate your achievements and enjoy a little ‘Dutch courage’, albeit a little late, in Amsterdam.
Sign up now if you’re prepared to push your pedal power like never before.
Starting in London, you’ll ride through beautiful English country roads as our route takes you from Kent to Dover before crossing the English Channel to Calais. Once you’ve reached dry land, don’t forget to cycle French style and keep to the right.
Enjoy some picturesque views on day two as you cycle along to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Bruges.
Next up is Antwerp, Belgium’s largest city, before heading for Breda in Holland on day three.
Day four includes a coastal cycle through the Dutch countryside before reaching the world’s capital of cycling – Amsterdam!
After breakfast on day five, you’re free to enjoy the sights and sounds of Amsterdam before making your way back to the UK.
Unsure if you can raise the minimum sponsorship?
We’ve got you covered! Don’t hesitate to contact Rags; we can support you throughout your fundraising with ideas, tips, and expert help.
• Click the ‘purchase ticket’ button at the top of the page
• Pay your £125 registration fee
• Get in touch and let us know you’re signed up. Click ‘already have a place’ and fill in our form so we can you send you a fundraising pack, cycling t-shirt and welcome you to the team
• Set up a JustGiving page to kick-start your fundraising
• Share your page with friends, family and colleagues to let everyone know about your epic challenge
• Raise a minimum of £2,100
• To join our team, you must commit to raising a minimum sponsorship of £2,100 per person.
• We must receive £1,680 of this amount by 12 weeks before.
• The remainder of your sponsorship must be sent in no later than six weeks after your return.
• Fundraising advice and resources from our dedicated team
• A bespoke cycling jersey featuring the iconic characters Wallace & Gromit
• A fantastic pre-event information evening to meet your fellow cyclists
• Full technical support during the challenge from fully qualified cycle leaders
• Four nights hotel accommodation in twin share
• One-way Eurostar ticket to bring you back to London
• Coach transfer from St Pancras to the start venue for those who require it
• One-way ferry cross from Dover to Calais, including support vehicles
• Meals included (breakfast, lunch and dinner), starting with lunch day one through to breakfast on day five (excluding breakfast on day one and lunch and dinner on day three)
• Water stops – two per cycling day in addition to lunch offering water, cordial, cereal bars, crisps, sweets and other delicious treats
• The event team will look after all your luggage catering and mechanical needs
• Medals and fizz finish
As the amount that we pay to Global Adventure Challenge for your package exceeds £500, you will be considered a ‘professional fundraiser’ as defined by the Charities Act 1992. This means that you must give the following statement when you are obtaining sponsorship:
“I am participating in a cycle ride to raise funds for the benefit of The Grand Appeal. I have guaranteed to raise at least £2,100 for the charity, of which approximately 60 percent will be used to pay for my travel and accommodation costs.”
If you’d like more information about being a professional fundraiser, please email our events team.
Events Fundraising Manager
Rags oversees and helps organise our pre-arranged events – from skydives, marathons, charity bike rides and more. He’ll be there to steward you through the process, keeping you motivated and up to date about what’s going on.
You’ll often see Rags at our events, cheering on our amazing participants and spreading the word about what we do.
Yes! You do need your own bike, and we advise that you have it serviced before this challenge. We also recommend a professional bike fit, as this can make a huge difference to your comfort while riding long distances.
To complete this challenge, we suggest a road bike.
You do not need a Garmin as the route will be fully signposted or guided. We will be issuing the GPX files prior to the event, so if you do have a Garmin, we advise you to bring it.
No. The route is fully signposted.
Before the start of the event, Global Adventure Challenge will provide you with route cards and maps, please use these to familiarise yourself with the route.
Lunch on day one, breakfast, lunch and dinner on days two and four, and breakfast on day three and five.
Plus, refreshment stops including water, fruit and a variety of snacks, energy bars and cereal bars every 15-20 miles cycled approximately.
If you have any specific requirements for cycling such as energy drinks, gels, supplements, or protein shakes, we advise you to bring these.
Yes. In order to participate in a Global Adventure challenge, it is compulsory that you have travel insurance for any overseas challenge.
We welcome you into Team Grand Appeal! By completing this event with other supporters of children’s hospitals across the country, there will be plenty of like-minded cyclists supporting great causes.
Basic spare bike parts and mechanics will be on hand but please note, Global Adventure Challenge cannot cater for every eventuality; therefore, you should ensure your bike is in full working order and in good condition.
We advise you to book a hotel or rent a room on Airbnb.com.
Yes. You can add this to your trip, get in touch for details and costs.
No. A one-way Eurostar ticket, from Amsterdam to London, is included in the cost.