Join our team for one of the UK’s favourite city-centre races!
The Bath Half Marathon, or ‘Bath Half’ as it’s more affectionately known, is one of the UK’s leading road races. The course is fast and flat making it suitable for all abilities, from complete beginners to more regular long-distance event runners looking to beat their personal best time.
This event has been postponed from Sunday 5 September 2021 to Sunday 13 March 2022. All entries will be automatically deferred to the new event date.
Ballot entries are now closed. You can apply for one of our charity places and join #TeamGrandAppeal or #TeamCotsForTots.
- Reserve your place by filling out our form.
- Click the ‘apply for a charity place’ button in the header at the top of this page to complete our running registration form and pay your £25 registration fee.
- Or if you have purchased a place already, click ‘I already have my own place’ and fill in our form so we can send out your fundraising pack.
- Set up a JustGiving page to kick-start your fundraising.
- A charity running top
- Expert advice from our dedicated fundraising team
- Additional fundraising materials
- Online and digital resources
- A cheer squad to motivate you on race day
Bath Half Marathon is a famously flat route, despite being in the hilly city of Bath! The course will be confirmed closer to the time but on the traditional course, you will run two identical laps on completely traffic-free roads, supported by spectators lining the whole route. You can find the route from previous years.
You need to be at least 17 years old.
You do not need to be an expert runner to take part in Bath Half Marathon. The race welcomes beginners and advanced runners alike. Your starting time will depend on the estimated running time that you give when you register.
The race start is staggered which means you will be with runners who are at a similar pace to yourself. Half Marathon entrants need to be able to complete the 13-mile course within four hours. Runners taking between 3:45 and 4:00 hours will be asked to run on the pavement in the later stages of the race as sections of the road are reopened to traffic, but marshals, drink stations and medical teams will remain in post until the last runner has passed.
If Bath Half is cancelled due to COVID-19 restrictions or any other unforeseen or unavoidable circumstances, you will be informed via Bath Half and by us. You will be given the option to either roll your entry over to the next event, take part in a virtual Bath Half event, or refund your entry fee. You can find more information about this.
We will let you know where and when we are meeting and any rules on spectators as soon as further details are confirmed.