Cyclone24 Safety, Challenge Rules and Terms and Conditions
Health and Safety
The safety of the riders on the track during the challenge is paramount. Track rules and protocols will be made clear prior to the challenge, during the challenge briefing, and track coaches will be on site throughout the event. Track coach instruction is to be followed at all times, repeated failure to adhere to this instruction will result in removal from the track and from the event as a whole.
- No more than 1 rider from each team on the track at any one time
- No rider to ride consecutively for longer than 1 hour
- All riders to follow track rules and protocols
- Track coach advice is sacrosanct
- Shoulders must be covered
- Helmets and gloves must be worn
- Trainers or cycle shoes with Look Keo cleats must be worn
- Own track bikes allowed – subject to track coach approval
- Gearing for our endurance challenge shall be restricted to 88.2
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions have been written to ensure we can support our challenge participants in the best possible way. The Terms and Conditions detailed below apply to all entrants participating in any event organised and operated by Cyclone24 UK. Completion of a registration form or purchase of an entry by (or on behalf of) the participant acknowledges acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Fees and Participation
- You must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the challenge day to participate in this event.
- The team fee for Cyclone24 Newport is £999 per team of 6.
- To secure your place in Cyclone24 Newport 2020 you must either: pay a non-refundable registration fee of £300 per team and pledge to raise £2,000; pay a non-refundable registration fee of £499, followed by the outstanding balance of £500 no later 26 July 2020, which is 12 weeks prior to the challenge date.
- Charity teams, that have paid the registration fee and not the full cost of their place, must have paid 80% of their fundraising pledge (£1,600) to The Grand Appeal no later than 23 August 2020, which is 8 weeks prior to the event start date. The remaining balance must be paid to The Grand Appeal no later than 15 November 2020, 4 weeks after the event.
- Rider/Team changes: We are very flexible with the registration of rider names and these can be added or amended without charge at any time up until 8 weeks prior to the challenge. If you need to amend any rider details after this stage an administration fee of £25 will be charged to cover costs incurred. Should any riders drop out of your team it is your duty to replace these riders or ride the challenge as a smaller team. Cyclone24 cannot reimburse any monies for riders who fail to turn up on the day or who drop out from your team.
- You must ensure that you are medically fit to participate and you are strongly advised to undertake some training. If you have any doubts about your ability to take part including without limitation having pre-existing medical conditions you should contact your doctor to seek advice. Participants understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk and that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to and sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury,accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
As soon as Cyclone24 start to organise our challenge we incur costs. The entry fees we receive are invested into staging the challenge. Cyclone24 requires a considerable amount of planning and expense and our withdrawal policy reflects this.
- The deposit upon booking is non-refundable.
- On further payments, if notified 8 weeks or more before the challenge date, you will receive a 20% refund.
- On further payments, if notified less than 8 weeks before the challenge no refund will be given.
- You must notify us of withdrawal in writing by email or post. Please note we are unable to make exceptions for illness or injury.
- Cyclone24 is not a race and shouldn’t be considered as such.
Collection and Use of Data
- Any images, audio or quotes taken regarding the challenge may be used by the Cyclone24 Ltd and The Grand Appeal to publicise and promote Cyclone24.
Each participant agrees to assign and grant the right and permission for Cyclone24 Ltd to use and publish any photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant on any Cyclone24 Ltd activity. The participant hereby releases Cyclone24 Ltd from any and all liability from such use and promotion. The participant hereby authorises the reproduction, sale, copyright, exhibit, broadcast, electronic storage and/or distribution of said photographs/film/video tapes/electronic representations and/or sound recordings without limitation at the discretion of Cyclone24 Ltd. The participant specifically waives any right to any compensation they may have for appearing in any of the photographs/film/video/electronic representations and/or sound recordings of the participant at a Cyclone24 UK Ltd.
- In participating in Cyclone24 you agree to your contact details being used by the challenge organisers and sponsors for the purposes of: promotion and marketing of the event including Cyclone24 monthly e-updates; being added to the Cyclone24 mailing list for future events; promotional & marketing material of related products & services from challenge sponsors and The Grand Appeal.
- Email Communication: Cyclone24 will primarily use email to communicate with its participants. By entering the challenge you agree to receive these emails which will include challenge specific updates, training notes and nutritional information. Should you not wish to receive these emails please let us know.
Cancellation, Amendments and Disqualification
- Challenge Changes/Cancellation: Cyclone24 reserves the right to amend the challenge format, timings, duration or cancel the challenge due to circumstances beyond reasonable control or for any safety related reason. Participants will be informed if any such changes are made. If the event format is changed the participating team will not be entitled to any refund and no liability can be taken.
- Removal of Participants: Cyclone24 reserves the right to remove and exclude any participant from the challenge, should the organiser or track coach consider such action necessary for safety reasons or if the participant has acted negligently, with wilful misconduct or without due care and attention for the challenge rules.
- Participating teams understand and agree that they take part in the challenge at their own risk.
- Participating teams acknowledge that personal accident and personal items insurance is their own responsibility that no responsibility whatsoever, shall attach to the sponsors, partners, challenge organisers or any person involved with the challenge, for any injury, accidents, loss or damage suffered however such may be caused.
- Cyclone24 and The Grand Appeal will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties not involved with the event.