By attending ‘Make a Move!’ (the “Event”), put on by University Hospital Bristol and Weston (UHBW), who runs Bristol Children’s Hospital, and funded by The Grand Appeal, you are deemed to have agreed to the following Terms & Conditions:
- By providing your details you have agreed that we will contact you by email and telephone about your participation in relation to the Event.
- This is a free event, but to attend you must have registered your details via the ‘Make a Move!’ registration form or webpage.
- Children and guests participating in, and attending this Event remain the responsibility of the primary carer at all times.
- Children 16 years of age and under on the Event day must have parental consent to participate and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- You understand that we will contact you via email prior to the event with important information in relation to bringing a child /children to this Event. Please ensure you read these emails and do not hesitate to contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns. Or visit our webpage, for all the latest information.
- By ticking the Terms & Conditions box, participants/parents/carers, understand and agree that they take part in the ‘Make a Move’, at their own risk.
- UHBW, will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or third parties not involved with the event.
- You accept that UHBW, or any other Event partners, are not liable for your possessions during the Event.
- You are entering the Event of your own volition, and therefore confirm that your general state of health and fitness is good.
- You understand that any injury sustained by you during the Event, which after an investigation is deemed to be no fault of UHBW and/or other Event partners, shall be your own responsibility. For the avoidance of doubt, nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall attempt to limit or exclude, any of the parties referred to in these Terms & Conditions, liability for fraud, death, or personal injury which is caused by, or attributable to, them.
- Your date of birth and telephone number are important as they provide vital information in case of emergency.
- If the Event is delayed or cancelled due to any situation beyond our control, e.g. adverse weather conditions, we will try to arrange for the event to take place at a later date but cannot guarantee this will happen.
- We (UHBW and The Grand Appeal) will always treat your personal details with the utmost care and will never sell or swap with other organisations for their marketing purposes. We will keep your details safe and private and you can change your communication preferences by emailing email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- You understand that all information provided as part of the registration process is held by UHBW and The Grand Appeal for the purpose of administering your participation. You further understand that information provided about children 16 years of age and under is done so with the explicit permission and knowledge of the child’s parent/guardian regarding the collection of information.
- These Terms & Conditions and any dispute or claim between the parties arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes of claims) arising out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions.
- UHBW reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions from time to time.
- Appropriate clothing and non-marking sports shoes must be worn by all participants/parents and guardians.
- You agree to comply with the University of Bath’s regulations when on the premises and comply with the reasonable instructions of the university staff.
- Parking is available on-site subject to availability and on a first-come-first-served basis. Blue badge holders may park in the designated parking spaces free of charge. Persons using vehicles on the University of Bath sites do so at their own risk and the university will not accept responsibility for loss or damage to them or their contents, however, caused.
Photography and other forms of media
- An official photographer/videographer will be attending the event to take some great pictures and videos. In attending the event, you agree to images (which include photographs or films) of you, or children under your care, to be taken by the professional photographer/videographer with a view to being used to thank those involved in the Event, and for future online or offline promotional activities by Bristol Children’s Hospital or The Grand Appeal.
- It is possible you or your child/children may feature in the main photograph for publication, or promotional film, taken at the Event – if this is the case, we shall ask for your permission at the relevant time and prior to use or publication of the images. If you have not given your consent, but do not feature in the foreground, please be aware we may still publish your image. If you do not want your image (or those of any of your guests or children under your care) taken, we recommend that you inform the photographer/videographer on the day.
- You are welcome to take photographs/video footage yourselves, but please only do so of your own child/children.
- In addition to our own photography, the press may be invited to the Event and may take their own photography, which will be published in their publications in line with their processes. UHBW/The Grand Appeal has no control over external press publications.
Please read the below medical advice carefully before participating in the ‘Make A Move’ Event.
Please do not attend if feeling generally unwell, have a fever or have been in contact with someone infectious with Covid, chickenpox, measles, etc. We expect all attending this event to have undertaken an LFD test no more than 24 hours prior to attending the event.
If on treatment, then please be aware of your neutropenic status, and if your platelet count is less than 50 then please contact your Bristol Clinical Nurse Specialist to confirm if appropriate to attend.
Brain tumour patients
If on treatment (or early off treatment) then would advise not taking part in specific contact sports – please contact your Bristol Clinical Nurse Specialist if unsure.
Bone tumour patients
Please follow the advice previously given above.
Bone Marrow Transplant patients
Please ensure your CD4 Tcell count is greater than 300.
If you are at all unsure about whether you can attend or not participate in certain events, then please contact your Bristol Clinical Nurse Specialist nearer the time of the event.