Shop Donate

The WATCh Team

Grand Appeal

Hospital News

WATCh

When a baby or child is critically ill in the South West or South Wales, they may need intensive care at their lead children’s hospital or the doctors may need acute management advice about their condition and the best course of action to take to deliver the necessary treatment.

That is where the Wales and West Acute Transport for Children (WATCh) team come in. Working 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, WATCh provides expert advice to the regional hospitals and transports some of the sickest children from the District General Hospitals in the South West and South Wales, via ambulances and helicopters. In the last year alone, WATCh has performed around 560 transports, this included 315 intensive care transports, and taken over 1000 referral calls. 51.2 % of those calls needed transport and the remaining 48.8% were for advice.

Just as many of the specialties at Bristol Children’s Hospital could not offer pioneering treatment without PICU, PICU could not do their life-saving work without the WATCh team moving these children.

watch

You may also be interested in...