Prudential MyRide London Cycle Challenge Ideas
Welcome to the first-ever virtual Prudential MyRide London. The idea is simple: get on your bike – or scooter, skateboard, trike, tandem, unicycle or even roller skates – choose your distance, sign up and fundraise for Bristol Children’s Hospital or the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
So, set your wheels in motion and complete your cracking cycle challenge on Saturday 15 August and Sunday 16 of August, or the days or weeks that follow! If you’re lacking in inspiration, we’ve got plenty of ideas below.
Choose your challenge
Cycling ideas with a bike:
Sign up for the 19, 46- or 100-mile Prudential Ride, or set your own challenge and choose the FreeCycle event. It’s your ride, your distance!
- Cycle 19, 46 or 100 miles
- Cycle the length of a marathon over the course of the weekend
- Cycle your chosen distance on a stationary or spin bike
- Take a family member out for a tandem bike ride in the afternoon
- Cycle a family-friendly route over the weekend and take a picnic to enjoy
Fundraising ideas without a bike:
No bike? No problem! You can complete this challenge on anything with non-motorised wheels: scooter, skateboard, balance bike, wheelchair, unicycle, the choice really is yours. Have fun and set your own challenge by choosing the My Prudential RideLondon FreeCycle option when you register.
- Rollerblade outside in the fresh air
- Skateboard around a park
- Unicycle around Bristol’s beautiful harbourside
- Mountainboard for a couple of hours
- Scoot around the office on a computer chair
- Pedal around in your go-kart
- Pop on your wheelies/heelies and scoot around
Picturesque cycling routes:
From family-friendly cycling routes around Bristol’s harbourside to cycling an 86-mile route dipping into Bath and parts of Somerset, we’ve got some perfect suggestions for a scenic cycle.
- Bristol to Bath on the cycle track (around 30-mile loop)
- Bristol to Portishead beach, mostly on cycle track (around 25-mile loop)
- Bristol Docks Route - take things easy and soak up the city’s atmosphere (around 3-mile loop)
- Bristol to Clevedon Pier (around 30-mile loop)
- Avon Cycleway - dip into Bath and parts of Somerset (around 86-mile loop)
- Festival Way cycle path (around 8-mile loop)
- Strawberry Line, starting at Yatton and cycling to Cheddar (around 23-mile loop)
- Bradley Stoke Three Brooks Nature Reserve (3-mile loop) - a quiet route with plenty of wildlife and the perfect location for an afternoon ride with the kids
When you have decided on your wheely-good challenge, simply head to Prudential MyRide London to get started.
All ages and abilities can take part in this fantastic challenge and raise crucial funds for Bristol Children’s Hospital and the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Whether you decide to scoot 1 km or cycle 100 miles, you are a fundraising hero to us.
Set up a Virgin Money Giving page
It's so quick and easy!