The 2.6 Challenge | 26 ways you can be a home hero
Calling all home heroes!
Are you ready to join the nation and take on The 2.6 Challenge? This fantastic new way to support The Grand Appeal has been thought up by the organisers of some of the biggest events across the country to help charities during the coronavirus pandemic.
Why 2.6? The challenge starts on 26 April, which was when the 26-mile London Marathon, was due to take place. Just choose an activity based on the numbers 2 and 6, donate or fundraise and become a home hero!
Stuck on ideas for your #TwoPointSixChallenge? Take a look at our 26 fundraising ideas.
- Do 26 football/rugby keepie uppies or headers
- Run or cycle 2.6km or 26 miles (join The Grand Appeal Strava group)
- Jump on a trampoline for 26 minutes
- Run up and down the stairs 26 times
- Hop on each leg 26 times
- Climb 26 floors each day for 26 days
- Run, skip or walk 26km on a treadmill
- 26 press-ups in 2.6 minutes
- 2.6km three-legged walk
- Rollerblade 26 laps around the kitchen
- Do 26-star jumps
- Throw and catch a ball 26 times without dropping
- Walk your dog for 2.6 miles
- Run/walk 2.6km around your garden
- Wear fancy dress every day for 26 days
- Readathon – read for 26 minutes every day
- Flip 26 pancakes
- 2.6 minutes of dancing or singing
- Create a 26 storey Lego build
- 26 laps of the kitchen on a toddler bike
- Knit for 26 minutes for 26 days
- Sing 26 songs on Facebook/Instagram live
- Create a painting masterpiece in 26 minutes
- Host a virtual quiz with 26 questions
- Create a treasure hunt for 26 items in 26 minutes
- Pogo or hula hoop for 26 minutes
When you have decided on your challenge head to our Just Giving page to get started.
We have cancelled and postponed all of our fundraising events this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Whether you decide to pogo for 26 minutes straight and donate £2.60 to our charity, or decided to run 26 miles and set up a fundraising page with a £2,600 target – you are a home hero to us! Take on a challenge that suits you and help save our charities.
Set up a JustGiving page
It's so quick and easy!