28 November 2022 – 5 January 2023
1. The registered responsible person is Nicola Masters, The Grand Appeal, 30 – 32 Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS2 8DJ. The Grand Appeal Society Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission, under the Gambling Act 2005 gamblingcommission.gov.uk
(Grand Appeal Society is licensed and regulated in Great Britain by The Gambling Commission under account number 4932.)
2. All profits from the raffle will be used to fund the work of The Grand Appeal, a charity registered in England and Wales 1043603. The Grand Appeal, the Bristol Children’s Hospital Charity, provides lifesaving medical equipment, family accommodation, and specialist facilities to support critically sick children and their families who have come from across the South West. More info of how money raised from this raffle will help to support Bristol Children’s Hospital is available at grandappeal.org.uk/we-fund
In 2018, The Grand Appeal Lottery Society generated £41,666.50 in ticket sales from raffles, of which nothing was spent on prizes or expenses, raising a total of £41,666.50 for The Grand Appeal. (Prizes were donated).
In 2019, The Grand Appeal Lottery Society generated £2,034 in ticket sales from raffles, of which nothing was spent on prizes and £133 was spent on expenses, raising £1,367 for The Grand Appeal. (Prizes were donated).
3. Participation in this raffle costs £2.50 per ticket. Participants may purchase multiple tickets, up to 20 (including e-cards). Payments cannot be accepted by CAF voucher or credit card.
4. The raffle is open to individuals aged 16 years or over who live in Great Britain.
5. The raffle is not open to trustees and employees of The Grand Appeal.
6. Raffle tickets can be purchased online at peoplesfundraising.com/raffle/ice-ice-puppy
The raffle entry notification email received by entrants will act as the participant’s ticket(s) for the raffle. Please keep your email receipt as proof of purchase.
7. The Charity accepts no responsibility for raffle tickets lost, damaged, illegible or from which the winner cannot be identified or for any technical failure or event that may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted.
8. The closing date for entries is 9 am on Thursday 5 January 2023.
9. The draw will take place on 5 January 2023. The winning number will be automatically chosen using the random selection generator on the People’s Fundraising website raffle platform.
The first number generated will receive the first prize of the ‘Ice Ice Puppy’ sculpture – a 5ft sculpture from Gromit Unleashed: The Grand Adventure. The sculpture’s approximate dimensions are; height – 1500mm, width – 1000mm, depth – 1300mm and weighs 65kg.
Based on the previous raffles we have conducted, we have calculated the following likelihood of winning this raffle (please note that these are approximations and actual figures may vary):
*Gromit/Shaun the Sheep/ Feathers McGraw Sculpture when raffle taking place, not during a trail: Average sale of 2,201 tickets per draw, so a 1 in 2,201 chance of winning (when one prize is available).
10. The results of the raffle draw are final. There will be no alternatives to the prize as stated above.
11. The winning ticket holder is responsible for collecting their prize from the Gromit Unleashed shop at The Mall at Cribbs Causeway. If the prize is not collected within 12 weeks of the winner being notified The Grand Appeal reserves the right to apply the prize as it sees fit, including re-drawing the raffle.
12. The winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone to arrange collection after 5 January 2023.
13. The Charity reserves the right to use the winners’ names for promotional purposes. For example, this will only be in summary: Mrs Smith from Bristol.
14. All participants are solely responsible for providing and (where necessary) updating the Charity with their accurate and up-to-date contact details and the Charity will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any participant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the winner has provided.
15. Where the Charity is unable to contact a winner and a prize remains unclaimed for one month following the Charity’s first attempt to notify the winner, the Charity may apply the prize as it sees fit, including by re-offering the prize in future raffles.
16. Restrictions on the use of the prize
a. The winner shall not, and shall procure that any New Party shall not, do, or omit to do, or permit to be done at any time any act:
(i) That uses the prize to further any political, quasi-political, commercial or charitable objectives;
(ii) That associates the prize with any political, quasi-political, commercial or charitable objectives; or
(iii) (In connection with the prize) that negatively impacts the reputation of the Charity, or damages the reputation or goodwill associated with the lot or the Charity.
b. The winner shall indemnify the charity against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including any direct losses, indirect losses, consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal and other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by the Charity arising out of or in connection with the use of the prize by the winner, a New Party or any third party or any breach by the winner of this clause.
17. Intellectual Property Rights
(a) The winner acknowledges and agrees that no intellectual property rights in the prize will pass to the ticket Buyer as a result of winning the prize. All intellectual property rights in the prize will remain with the Charity or the Charity’s licensors & partners.
(b) The winner acknowledges and agrees that no licences in respect of any intellectual property rights will be granted to the winner as a result of winning the prize.
(c) All goodwill associated with the prize (both at the time winning and afterwards) shall belong to the Charity. The Charity may at any time call on the winner to execute a confirmatory assignment of any goodwill associated with the prize and the winner shall execute it forthwith.
18. In the event of an error, howsoever caused, whether a printing error or otherwise and whether obvious or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the Charity reserve the right to administer the raffle as though the error never occurred. Where the Charity deem it appropriate and/or feasible the Charity will notify entrants of the error.
19. The Charity may (without giving any reason or notice) decline to accept an entry or suspend the ‘Ice Ice Puppy’ raffle.
20. The Charity reserves the right to reject a participant’s entry and/or award any prize to an alternative winner if the Charity has grounds to believe that the participant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, acted fraudulently or illegally, or are on other reasonable grounds. The Charity shall have no liability to the participant for any loss or damage arising from this right. The Charity shall return any amounts paid by entrants found to be under 16 but is not liable to return any amounts already paid by any other entrant.
21. Complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with the Charity’s complaints policy, a copy of which is available on request by calling 0117 9273888 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
22. If you would like to be excluded from The Grand Appeal Society Lottery, please complete Self Exclusion Form below.
Help with Problem Gambling and Self Exclusion
For friendly and helpful advice from trained counsellors, call the GamCare helpline on 0808 8020 133. The helpline operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year – and calls outside of these hours will be taken by a recorded message service. Sometimes just telling someone about your problem can be a relief – and it is the first step towards dealing with your problem.
If you would like to be excluded from a Grand Appeal Society raffle or lottery, please complete the Self Exclusion Form and return it as soon as possible to: Nicola Masters, The Grand Appeal Lottery Society, 30-32 Upper Maudlin Street, Bristol, BS2 8DJ or email@example.com