Simplyhealth Great Bristol Half Marathon
Join our team for one of the UK's leading road races that takes you through historic Bristol.
The Bristol Half Marathon comes with its own distinguished history. It was first staged in 1989 and has since become a staple in the national running calendar.
Over 10,000 runners every year make this a must do event with an atmosphere second to none. The course will take you under the iconic Clifton Suspension Bridge with spectacular views along the Avon Gorge and Bristol Harbourside before entering the city centre.
How to take part
Public entry is now open at the official race website. Get your own place today and join #TeamGrandAppeal or #TeamCotsForTots!
- To register for your place with Great Run click the 'tickets' button in the header at the top of this page.
- Get in touch and let us know you’re using your place to fundraise
- Set up a JustGiving page to kick-start your fundraising
There’s no minimum sponsorship when you buy your own place, just raise as much as you can!
Runners must be at least 16 years of age on race day.
Sign up and receive
- A Grand Appeal or Cots for Tots running top.
- Expert advice from our dedicated fundraising team.
- Additional fundraising materials.
- Online and digital resources.
- A cheer squad to motivate you on race day!
“[The Bristol Half] was a really rewarding and positive experience. I spoke to other Grand Appeal runners on the course and it was even more enjoyable because I was running for a truly worthy cause! I’ll run again next year!”
Grand Appeal runner 2018